- Makhanas, also called fox nuts, or lotus seeds, come from a plant called Euryale Fox which grows in the stagnant water of wetlands or ponds in Eastern Asia. They have been used in Chinese medicine since 3000 years and find an important place in the science of Ayurveda too.
- Popular as a fasting food, its health benefits are superior to those of dry fruits such as almonds and walnuts. Some of the health benefits of makhana are: It's a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre,magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc. High in fiber and low in calories, it enables weight loss.
- They are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium. This makes them an ideal snack to satiate those in-between meal hunger pangs.
- Storage instructions: store in a cool, air tight and dry place
Benefits of Makhana:
- Inflammatory properties. Fox nuts are rich in flavonoids, which are chemicals that have a positive effect on the body.
- Slows down the aging process. Flavonoids present in the fox nuts are also anti-oxidants.
- Detoxifies spleen. Fox nuts.
- Maintain blood pressure.
- Fights infertility.
- Rich in calcium.
- Helps people with arthritis.
₹950.00 Regular Price